Mental Stimulation: “Challenge Your Inner Circle”
“Uggh but that’s so difficult! You’ll never be able to do it.”
“Of course, it will be tricky to accomplish, but nothing is impossible. You have it in you. Let’s go through your plan.”
Imagine you have just shared a business idea with your friend. From the two statements above, which one would you want to hear? Which statement will motivate you to go ahead with your plan and which one will manifest negative thoughts, encouraging you to give up the idea?
This is the power of the inner circle. Having people around you who are a constant source of support and motivation will help you to achieve your goals. Indeed, the road towards success is never an easy one. You will face several challenges, harsh lessons, and numerous unexpected changes. If you have negative people around, you are sure to give up fairly quickly.
How Your Inner Circle Affects You
Your inner circle should include the types of people who enhance your mental stimulation – people who not only encourage you but inspire you to aim higher. The friendships that are formed while you are growing up are important. However, as everyone gains different experiences, their perceptions and goals change. Some of your old friends might not understand your dreams, while others will become a growing source of inspiration and motivation for you.
When people around you are constantly complaining, being negative, or are keeping you in your comfort zone, you will never be able to expand your horizons and explore other possibilities. You will constantly be scared of taking risks, working on your ideas, which will hinder your success.
Being around individuals who are ambitious, leaders, result-oriented, and not afraid to think outside the box will inspire you to adapt to the same mannerism and habits. These people will guide you, motivate you, and challenge you. As a result, you will witness improvements in yourself, including a broadened vision, higher ambitions, and a renewed zeal to accomplish your goals.
Types of People You Need in Your Inner Circle for Mental Stimulation
You might now be wondering what kind of people should be a part of your inner circle to challenge you mentally and encourage you to strive for more. Here are the people you need as friends:
- The One with a Dream – dreamers are often viewed as undisciplined or unrealistic, but most of the visionaries have been dreamers. These individuals are not afraid to be creative and truly believe everything is possible.
- The One with a Drive – this is the individual who turns their dream into a reality. They focus on the bigger picture, create realistic goals, and nothing stops them from getting results.
- One with the Motivation – a friend who is a constant source of motivation to help you aim for your goals. This individual’s enthusiasm and energy will rub off on you.
- The One with the Support – this is someone with whom you can share your fears and sorrows. This friend will support you through thick and thin, the one who will pick you up when you are down.
- The One with All Critical Questions – get yourself a devil’s advocate who looks out for you. This is the individual who will ask all the hard questions, challenge you the most, and tell you things as it is without sugarcoating it.
These people will make sure you go after your dreams even when the going gets tough, and bring out the best in you. Remember if you want to be successful, you will have to make certain sacrifices. Start by cleansing your inner circle. Remove the negative nellies from your life and witness the rapid progress you make.